Why don't I do the things I want to do?

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

This seems to be the question I have been asking myself this summer. It is actually turning into a challenge for me. When summer was just beginning, I made a list of just a few things I wanted to accomplish. And because I am in college, we get four entire months for summer, so a short list of goals should be accomplishable. 


I wanted to read more books that I enjoy.
I wanted to blog at least three times a week if not more.
I wanted to work out everyday.
I wanted to get in the habbit of reading my bible everyday.

Litterally none of these things have happened. To not be completly negative, I have had a busy and enjoyable summer-- One thing that I have been good at is getting outside and walking on the water front with my friends and family!




Someone told me a couple months ago that the enemy's goal is to simply distract you. Actually that is a thought by C.S. Lewis. This thought makes so much sense. Esspecially for someone who, when focused on Jesus, can be a powerful witness for His kingdom. This resides with me. 

I am a christian and I love Jesus, therefore if the enemy can simply distract me from the things that will fill me up, bring me joy and give me a purpose then he has done his job. Then I am simply a luke warm christian who is not passionate and does nothing important with my life. Distraction from my focus is my thorn this summmer. 


I am fighting agaisnt distraction full force right now. If you have kept up with my blog in this dry season and you have made it this far on this post, I need your help. Hold me accountable against this urge I have to be lazy and be distracted from the important things in life. 

I will read more. I will blog more. I will spend more time with Jesus. I will work out more. I will be healthy and filled with Joy from Jesus. These things are non-negotable and they are life giving and they are worth fighting for. So here's to fighting agianst distraction! Here's to more joy! Are you with me? 

2 comments:

  1. "Enemy's goal is simply to distract you". So true. It distracts us to whom were really suppose to grow. In who God wants us to be. I totally fail at falling in to trends too! You're so relatable, I love it! I feel like I'm not alone!

    XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lesslie. Thanks for reading. It's nice to know that I am not alone in this major struggle as well. Knowing that distraction can be the enemies goal is actually helping me to see when it happens and turn the other way.

      You are not alone!

      Delete

 
Blogging tips