Anticipated reads

Thursday, February 5, 2015



I am not much of a reader, but I wish I was. Whenever I find a good book, I love to read. I find myself getting lost in the pages. But the problem is finding a good book in the first place. I find myself loving non-fiction and motivational books. These are two that I am currently interested in picking up. 

I have read Donald Millers other book, Blue Like Jazz, and I absolutely fell in love with it. That book told a story throughout the entire thing, but the story had some sort of motivational message within each chapter. The story left me wanting to know more and the messages left me wanting to grow as a human and a christian. Blue Like Jazz just might be one of my most favorite books I have ever read. (which like I said, is not a long list, haha!!). Scary Close is Donald Millers new book and if it's anything like his other, I am excited to read it. 

The reason why I am interested in reading Moment Maker by Carlos Whitaker is because I follow him on instagram and his life looks pretty rad. He is constantly posting the way that he and his family make the most of every single moment. It just seems like he lives a life that is creating memories and doesn't worry about the small things. Wow, I am really talking up Carlos Whittaker, he should pay me! I will let you know... once I actually read the book if it's all that I think it is cracked up to be. 

Have any of you guys read either of these books? I am anxious to order them and start reading. 

2 comments:

  1. I have heard good things about Miller's newest release :) & I used to wish I was a big reader, and then I just started reading books like crazy out sheer willpower. Now I am a HUGE reader! You can do it, too! Haha :-) Just make sure you stick with subjects you love, and find authors whose voice captivates you. Also, I find that watching things with subtitles, with sound on or not, helps me to be a faster reader. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tessa,

      Thank you so much for the encouragement. I am such a slow reader it's not even funny. I really appreciate all the advise I can get on how to be a faster and more efficient reader.

      Delete

 
Blogging tips